The Department of Biochemistry was established in the year 1993. It offers B.Sc. Biochemistry and M.Sc. Biochemistry Programs. The curricula for these Programs are based on CBCS (Choice Based Credit System) of the University of Madras. The Department has qualified and experienced faculty who strive to teach, train and guide the students to shine in their studies and careers. Biochemistry is a branch of science that deals with the structure, composition and reactions of biomolecules occurring inside the living system. The Programs offer great opportunity to understand the bio-molecules, molecular reactions and its functions. Since the Programs are the combination of life science and medical science, they provide great scope in Cell biology, Nutritional Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Physiology, Immunology, and Clinical Biochemistry etc.
To achieve Academic brilliance by imparting in-depth knowledge about Biochemistry to the Students, help them to develop new path breaking research to make healthy Society and to prepare them to the ever-changing Industrial demand.
The Department of Biochemistry functioning with the Mission
- To provide Quality Education to the Students with State-of-the-Art Laboratory and Hands-on Learning Methods to achieve eminence in their Study and Research.
- To create the best environment that helps the Students and the Faculty to focus and enhance their study, career and problems solving skills.
- To prepare the Students to be lifelong learners by offering solid theoretical and practical foundation in various discipline of Biochemistry
- To provide the required exposure to the Students on the latest tools and technologies in the field of Biochemistry.
- To felicitate effective interaction of the Students and Faculty with Industrial Personnel, Alumni, Academicians of Premiere Institutions and other Stakeholders.
- To educate the students to realize their professional and Ethical Responsibilities in the society.