The Department of Microbiology was established in the year 1996-1997, where students and faculties are involved in exciting educational and core activities in the field of Microbiology. Currently the Department offers B.Sc., Microbiology and M.Sc., Applied Microbiology programs. The curricula for this course are set on the basis of CBCS (Choice Based Credit System) which fulfil the requirements of research laboratories, industries, etc. The Department possesses a highly efficient and well qualified teaching faculty.
The Department imparts knowledge of the basic principles of Bacteriology, Mycology, Parasitology, Virology, Phycology, Immunology etc., including the beneficial aspects as well as the nature of pathogenic microorganisms, pathogenesis, laboratory diagnosis, transmission, prevention and control of diseases common in the world. The course offers a great opportunity to study the microbial world and to learn how this knowledge has provided a foundational understanding of diverse microbiological processes.
The Department is committed to provide a transformative education through providing relevant core and elective subjects, which provides the fundamental knowledge in various disciples of Microbiology. The Department of Microbiology delineates students through providing a conducive learning environment and student friendly atmosphere that making them responsible citizens who can work for the advancement of the society and to produce knowledgeable and competent microbiologists, skilled in all fields of Microbiology.
- The mission of the department is to educate and train the students in the field of Microbiology and to expand the scientific knowledge through research.
- The favorable learning atmosphere is provided to the students by staging a modern classroom to ensure an effective teaching-learning process.
- Enhance the opportunities in Research and Development for the faculty as well as Undergraduate and Postgraduate students.
- The department motivates and trains the students to excel in practical skills to develop new techniques in Microbiology and enhance the intellectual foundation and preparation of students for life in a complex, dynamic technological world.
- We shall uphold truth, integrity, honesty, tolerance and accountability as our guiding principle.