A special cell to look into the affairs of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students of the institution is constituted and functioning on the campus in accordance with the guidelines of the University Grants Commission.
- To provide special input in areas where the students experience difficulties.
- To organise interactive sessions and informal meetings with students to address their personal, social, and academic problems.
- To conduct / coordinate training programmes for students in life skills and personality development in order to assist them with their placement.
- To raise awareness of higher education opportunities among Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students, particularly those from rural areas.
- To make Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students aware of various scholarship programmes offered by the UGC, state governments, and the federal government.
- The Cell works with a focus on students belonging to socially and economically backward groups to get opportunities to pursue their studies in higher educational institutions.
- The Cell also advises the students to utilise the facilities of the Book bank.
- The Cell often meets students belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe communities, to understand their problems and take
- necessary action, and/or render them necessary advice and help to resolve the matter.
The cell is constituted with the following faculty as member of it. The Member of the cell are actively engaged in co-ordinating and solving the problems encountered by the students in the Institution.
- Dr. R. Vasudevaraj, Principal
- Mrs. R. Kalpana, Asst. Prof. Dept. of English
- Mr. S. Selvakumar, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Computer Science
- Dr. K. Govarthanan, Physical Director, Dept. of Physical Education