The department of French seeks to develop the proficiency level of the students who study French as an international language to global professional standards at the Undergraduate level. As a modern language, French is taught to break the cultural barrier and also to lead the world as a Francophone.
To enable the students to acquire proficiency in French, stimulate their imagination and critical thinking in the language through teaching and to develop the department as a centre of Academic Excellence and high-quality research.
The Mission of the Department of French is:
- To facilitate the students to learn the structure and grammar of French Language.
- To provide adequate learning atmosphere for the students to be competent in the language.
- To inculcate novel teaching and learning methodologies to promote Student-centred and Outcome based learning.
- To provide opportunities to the learners to read and analyse the literary works of French.
- To help the students to acquire right attitudes and skills to enhance their cross–cultural communications.
- To develop in the students a sensibility for the French Language and Literature.
- To help students remove the hurdles in the way of learning French.
- To promote learning of French as a foreign language with accents and good pronunciation.
- To make the department and the classroom a hub of Academic activity
- To explore and reach out to academicians, institutions and academics bodies for research and academic activities.