The Department of English is as old as the College and has been the focal point of teaching since its inception in 1993. It has progressed well and has carved out a reputation for itself as one of the most efficient departments with dynamic and dedicated Faculty. It strives to imbue the Students with aesthetic sense in Literature and Communication Skills. The faculty of the department have been Conveners and members of various Committees and Clubs.
The department employs numerous teaching learning methodologies with Information Communication Technology tools to increase the students’ attention, connect them to many information sources and create interactive learning environment in the class. It also organises various programmes for the students and faculty members such as Bridge Course, Quiz Competitions, Essay Competitions, webinars and Faculty Development Programmes.
To foster knowledge, social responsibility and a love of Language and Literature for the students to have intellectual courage and be Successful in their life.
- To encourage and enhance Continual Learning of the Students.
- To stimulate the Students’ mind to solve Social, Cultural, Economic and Educational issues of the Country.
- To felicitate the Students’ interest towards learning and mastering the English Language.
- To motivate the Learners to study literary works that exposes them to have new ideas and experience.
- To emphasize and guide the Students to have Academic and Professional competence to achieve what they aspire.
- To give the Students creative freedom to expose their talents in writing.