Dr. B. ARIRUDRAN
Experience & Activities
Date of Joining: 04-07-2007
Educational Qualification: M.Sc., M.PhiL., Ph.D., NET (CSIR)
- SRMASC : 15 Years
- Overall : 19 Years
Field of Research: Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology, Phytochemistry & Herbal Medicine
- U.S. Mahadeva Rao and B. Arirudran, Clinical Evaluation to Assess the Efficacy of Ethanolic Extract of Avocado Fruit on Diabetic Dyslipidemia Studied in STZ – Induced Experimental Albino Rats. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(7): Page 1131-1136. July, 2011.
- U.S. Mahadeva Rao, B. Arirudran and S. Subramanian, Ameliorative Role of Threshold Level of Bilirubin in New-born Jaundice and Efficacy of Noni Fruit Extract on Phenyl Hydrazine Induced Jaundice Rat. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 3(4):196-201, July – August, 2011
- Hemalatha, B. Arirudran, A. Thenmozhi and U.S. Mahadeva Rao, Antimicrobial Effect of Separate Extract of Acetone, Ethyl Acetate, Methanol and Aqueous from Leaf of Milkweed (Calotropis gigantea L.). Asian J. Pharm. Res.1(4): Page 102-107, Oct. – Dec. 2011.
- U.S. Mahadeva Rao and B. Arirudran, Clinical Evaluation of Hyperbilirubinemic neonates before and after Phototherapy. Journal of Scientific Research in Pharmacy.1(3). 2012.
- B Arirudran, Vijayalakshmi Krishnamurthy, A Saraswathy, Hepato protective activity of ethanolic and ethyl acetate extract of Ruellia tuberosa L. (whole plant) against N-Nitrosodiethylamine Induced Liver Cancer in Wistar Albino Rats. American Journal of Pharm Tech Research., 4(3), April 2014.
- B.Arirudran, A. Thenmozhi and P.Priyadharshini, Evaluation of preliminary Phytochemicals and antioxidant efficacy of Crocus sativus L. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development: Volume-5/Issue-12, February, 2014.
- B.Arirudran, M.AugustusOswin and R. Balabhaskar,GC/MS determination of bioactive components from Cuminum cyminum L. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Volume 7, Issue 16, 1671-1683, September 2018.
- B.Arirudran, Mohammed Aslam and R.Balabhaskar, Gas Chromatography-MassSpectrometry determination of Bioactive components from Trigonella foenumgrecum L. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, WJPR, Volume 7, Issue 17, 1066-1073. 2018.
- B.Arirudran, P.Priyadharshini, US Mahadeva Rao, Estimation of anti-inflammatory activity as well as apoptotic activity of ethanolic extracts of Crocussativus, Universal Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, UJPR, Volume 3, Issue 6, 6-11, 2018.
- Arirudran,B. Janani,B. Rao,U.S.M. Evaluation of antioxidant and chemo preventive potential of methanolic extracts of leaf of aeglemarmelosattributes towards ductal carcinoma studied in MCF7 cells. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Int J Pharm Pharm Sci, Vol 11, Issue 2, 21-25, 2019.
- B.Arirudran, V.Krishnan, US.MahdevaRao, Preliminary Phytochemical Analysis and Isolation and Identification of active principle components of petroleum ether extract from leaves of LawsoniainermisL. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 12(8), August 2019.
- B.Arirudran, G. Kumar, Mohammed Aslam, Pharmacological Effects of Trigonella FoenumGrecum L. seeds on Cardiovascular and antioxidant stress related disease. International Journal of Aquatic Science. IJAS, Vol 12, Issue 03, Pages 2630-2642., 2021.
- B Arirudran, AV Raja, Kumar, K Anbarasu and E Shalini, Antimicrobial activity of borassus flabellifer L. Root, HSOA Journal of Biotech Research & Biochemistry, J Biotech Res Biochem, 5: 013, 2022.
Books / Chapters :
- Essential of Biophysics: ISBN: 978-81-909213-7-4 (For Life Science students) in 2009.
- Text book of Endocrinology: ISBN: 978-81-909213-9-8 (For Medical students) in 2009.
- Overview of Vitamins and Coenzymes: ISBN: 978-81-909213-8-1 (For Life Science students) in 2009.
Overall Publications/Books: 21/03