Dr. V. JEYANTHI
Experience & Activities
Date of Joining: 17-07-2017
Educational Qualification: M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D
- SRMASC : 5 years
- Overall : 6 years
Field of Research: Industrial and Microbial biotechnology
- Venkadapathi J, Govindarajan VK, Sekaran S and Venkatapathy S (2021). A Minireview of the Promising Drugs and Vaccines in Pipeline for the Treatment of COVID-19 and Current Update on Clinical Trials. Frontiers in Molecular Biosciences 8:637378. Impact factor: 5.246 (scopus and web of science index).
- Venkadapathi Jeyanthi, Palaniyandi Velusamy, Govindarajan Venkat Kumar, Kannan Kiruba (2021). Effect of naturally isolated hydroquinone in disturbing the cell membrane integrity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa MTCC 741 and Staphylococcus aureus MTCC 740. Heliyon 7: e0702 (scopus and web of science index).
- Venkat Kumar, V. Jeyanthi and S. Ramakrishnan. A short review on antibody therapy for COVID-19. New Microbes and New Infections. 2020; 35: 100682 (scopus and web of science index).
- Venkadapathi Jeyanthi, Govindarajan Venkat Kumar. COVID-19 outbreak: An overview and India’s perspectives on the management of infection. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2020; 13(36): 3716-3724 (web of science index).
- Impact of carbofuran on gut microbiota of earthworm Eudrilus eugeniae and its tissue metabolite profiling using GC-MS analysis in the International conference on Recent trends in Microbiology-ICRTMB 2022 organized by Department of Microbiology in Association with Microbiome on 22nd April 2022, Apollo Arts and Science College, Chennai
- “Elucidation of the mode of action of secondary metabolite isolated from Indian saltpan bacteria against the clinical pathogen” in the “National e-Conference On Bioprospecting of Marine derived metabolites for promising biotechnology applications” held on 29th to 31st December 2021 at Sathyabama Institute of Science and technology, Chennai.
- “Isolation of hexahydropyrrole-(1,2-a) pyrazine-1,4-dione from Ulva intestinalis and its antagonistic activity towards Staphylococcus epidermis” in the International Conference on “Novel Paradigms In Biotechnology – Bioengineering Interface – From Concepts To Reality (NPBBI-2021)” held on 10th to 12th November, 2021 at Sathyabama Institute of Science and technology, Chennai.
- “Purification and structural elucidation of anti-MRSA compounds from halophilic bacteria” in the National symposium on “Bio-prospecting from marine resources for biotechnological applications : opportunities and challenges (NSBMRB-2019)” sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India held on 24th and 25th July 2019 at Sathyabama Institute of Science and technology, Chennai.
- “Purification and structural elucidation of bioactive compounds from marine bacteria” at the National conference on “Bioactive marine natural products and their therapeutic applications” sponsored by Department of biotechnology (DBT), Government of India held on 24th and 25th January 2018 at Sathyabama Institute of Science and technology, Chennai.
- Biochemical responses of earthworms exposed to pesticide and metal contaminated soil” at the National conference on SWASTHYA 2018 held on 26th and 27th September at Rajalakshmi engineering college, Chennai.
- “Isolation of phenolic compound from halophilic Bacillus species and its antimicrobial activity” at the International conference on “Novel antibiotic resistance breakers and diagnostic biomarkers” held on 22nd and 23rd December 2017 at B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent institute of science and technology, Vandalur, Chennai.
Overall Publications/books: 9